Thursday, April 12, 2012

Sunglasses Case Refashion

Now that we're getting some sunny days out in the Pacific NW, I've been wearing my Ray-Bans every single time I get behind the wheel. I have severe migraines, so heavy duty sunglasses are a must.

However, the sunglasses case that Ray-Bans come in is snoozeville. I decided to spruce it up with rough stripes with a fun monogram. I grabbed my cheerful yellow paint and went to town. Well, clever ol' me did not think about how yellow stripes on a black case would look, and you can't tell in the photos, but it ended up far too reminiscent of a bumblebee for my taste.

The luck of many DIYs, this one included, is that they can be re-made over and over again! I'm going to leave it as it is for now, but I'm sure this will get a nice makeover the next time I'm bored and feeling crafty.

Anyway, here is a super quick and easy how-to.

Materials
Pencil or wax pencil
Paint
Brush

1. Lightly mark the design onto the case. I did stripes, but chevrons, checks, polka dots, swirls, anything, will look great.

2. Paint one side. Let dry. Paint the other side. Let dry. Repeat, adding coats until you are satisfied with the look.

Now protect your shades in style!


No comments:

Post a Comment