Thursday, April 19, 2012

Monogrammed Moleskine

I'm not exactly sure what it is, (though I suspect my recent addiction to thecollegeprepster.com is the root of the issue) but I have been loving monograms lately. Starting with my sunglasses case post, I have been monograming way too many (and not enough) of my possessions. More monogram projects will be appearing in the future. Anywhoo, this is super similar to the sunnies case refashion.

Materials
Wax pencil/ Grease Pencil (I recommend white for all projects)
Notebook/ Planner
Thin tipped paintbrush
Paint (gold is super classy, but any complimenting colors will be good)




1. Sketch monogram onto cover. Lightly draw lines in to make sure everything is even and centered if you must. Nothing looks cheesier than a off-center paint job.

2. Vary the paintbrush size depending on the thickness of the monogram lines that you want. Make the lines VERY THIN to start with, so that any squiggles can be corrected. Make a stencil using freezer paper and an exacto knife if you're particular, but thats more of a time investment than I was willing to make.

3. Paint over the sketch. Do one coat, let dry and then repeat. If you keep painting over wet paint, the finished results will look streaky and lumpy. If there are any stray wax pencil marks left, use a damp q-tip or an eraser to get rid of them.

TAA DAA! And whammoblammo, now you can be organized AND preppy.

I am THRILLED with the results, and will have no excuse to use such a cute dayplanner now. What do you think? What other items would you like to see monogrammed?

P.S. (Sorry for all the parenthesis. Not sure why I'm doing it, but I can tell it's a problem.)

No comments:

Post a Comment